The World According to Me

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Wowsers!

My back is buggered. It really is. It is in constant chronic pain, and has been for about 10 years. It is probably a direct result of jumping off the second story patio to impress the ladies. I distinctly remember the compression in my spine the first time I jumped off. It was the second and final time that really set the pain into motion. It lasted for a few weeks, but then disappeared. It left me for a while, and returned one day while on the soccer field. It was a moderate pain, obvious, but not incapacitating. It grew, and grew over the weeks, and got to the point where I was playing soccer in significant pain, it was limiting my speed, and my shooting ability. I was still better then most people on the team at 75% so I played through it. Then it all went downhill. I ended up in bed for days unable to move. The pain could be comapred to the feeling of having a hot steel rod slammed into your back and left there to burn the insides til they could only feel the most intense pain known to man. It was great fun.

Now the pain comes and goes. Pain is now judged by its intensity. When I say the pain is not there, it really means that the pain is bearable. It is still there. It always has been. There was a day or two where I woke up with no pain at all. Zero. It was an amazing day. It was short lived.

So now my boss is going to give me the name of a acupunturist. She apparently knows him, and he apparently works on the Vancouver Canucks. I guess it is good when your boss is so loaded she knows the important people of the community. Anyhow, if it works, I will be forever indebted. When it doesnt I will get to say I told you so.

Ok, so I had another orally fixated dream. What gives?

I want to buy two shirts for my baby. "Now that I am clear, I'm Pro-Choice" and "I am cuter then Baby Jesus"

Sure, I am going to hell for that. I have done worse in life, and am going to hell for that, so this is just another tick on the chart.

Karma is a great thing. I have truly moved the Karma cursor over to the positive side the last few days. I am sure something is going to occur to get me back to my obligatory neutrality I so crave.

I had nothing to say. Yet the need to say something. Sorry about this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home