The World According to Me

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

10 minutes of anarchy please!

This will not be the most politically correct post. I am sure most people don't expect me to be politically correct, but regardless. This could ruin my chances at ever running as an elected official.....

There is a local family crying because their son was killed by a police officer during a high speed chase involving a stolen vehicle. The stolen vehicle RAMMED THE POLICE CAR, and the police officer fired shots into the vehicle, killing the passenger. The family has every right to grieve their loss, and we as a society should grieve with them, however the problem lies with the fact that they are blaming the officer for their childs death. This teenaged boy steals a car with a friend, and they attempt to ram a police car to get away. I won't get into the parenting issues that led a child to think stealing a car was appropriate, but when you now use the car as a weapon, you should expect a weapon to be used on you. Even a teenager can comprehend tit for tat. We all make choices in our daily lives that keep us from, or put us in harms way. When harm comes upon us for making poor choices, we need to take responsibility for that, not try to pass that on to someone else.

The Progressive Conservative Party is now bitching and moaning on the radio saying the Liberals are trying to dilute the bills that Chuck Cadman had championed. He was going on and on about how they would not stand for this, and that they were making a mockery of this great friend of theirs. I like how the PC party treats friends, and effectively tosses them from their party. I like how they left him twisting in the wind, and only after he ran as an independant, and has since passed away, that now they are pounding their fists supporting him. It makes me sick when people try to use the deceased as a platform. The deceased has no way of speaking. The fact you were once in the same party as this man, gives you no right to speak for him, or make illusions to speaking for him. Leave that to his famly. Perhaps, I should have the right to speak for him as well, seeing as how I went to school with both his children. As such, I would say this.

Stephen Harper, resign! You are clearly making a mockery of your racist party. Paul Martin, please sign the appropriate legislation in a timely fashion, and enhance the ability of our police to handle the youth and extend appropriate penalties.

Thats about it really. Nothing deep and profound, and no thumping of the chest, and I am not trying to drum up pre-election support....Oh if only I caught the name of the MP who was name dropping. I would to my best to bring his ignorance to light, alas, I did not, and he sleeps well tonight.

So lastly, when the police have to deal with street racers, drug dealers, and pimps, I suggest we implement a 10 minute anarchy rule, just once a year, so that they can deal with these people in an anarchistic fashion, and the problems of society could be diminished. Sure, this opens Pandoras Box, but hey, it isn't like we havent peeked in there every now and again anyhow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home