The World According to Me

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Soft Wood, Heavy Hands.

Let me get this right.....You send Condie up here to tell us to relax, and not worry about things. That we should come to the table and negotiate a settlement? Ok....how about this for an opening sortie by Canada. "Gimme my god damned money back, before I cut the flow of oil, water and electricity to your god forsaken country!"

At the end of the day, we are only talking about 5 billion dollars. Now to the average Joe, that is a large sum of money, but to the average government, that is not even a drop in the bucket. It is more a section of a ripple created by a drop in the bucket. The problem I have with this whole thing is that we have won SEVERAL cases relating to these tariffs, and the Americans do not seem to want to adhere to the rulings. What this tells me, is that the Americans will not play by the rules that are set out in our agreements, so when push comes to shove, they are going to shove, and take what they want, as opposed to play nicely. SO! Let's shove back. I think it is time we look at expanding our trade agreements with China, India, Russia, and the like. Why be reliant on the U.S.? Sure, it is a matter of convienience with the border being where it is, but it is time we sever or reliance on the beast, become a big boy, and get out from Mother Americas apron. So, shut down the pipelines. Shut down the passages they use illegally in the north and the west coast with their subs, and shut down the electricity we send them. Sure, I realize that escelating a trade war with the U.S. will demolish our economy, but hell, if we did it for just a few days....or even just restricted oil flow to 50% and electricity to 50% on busy days, all of course by "accident" or "computer error". I wonder if they would send Condie telling us to behave, or if they would actually come to the negotiating table with my cheque for 5 billion.

George, wanna know why the Democrats put in the next president....its because of you, and that CIA leaking asshat Cheney....thats why.

Why don't hurricanes hit Presidential homes?

1 Comments:

  • I agree. The American goverment supports international law only when they are the sole benificiary. It happens with softwood lumber. I happens with Canadian beef. Hell, it even happens when they wanna go to war with anyone they want. However the moment international law is on there side they will quote it as the gospel. I first wanna say that I don't directly blame Americans however I do blame them for electing a government that is so fucked up.

    By Blogger David Wiley, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home