The World According to Me

Friday, January 06, 2006

Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow

So it was a New Year....and with things so busy it has been days and nights of eating out, eating garbage food, and just not eating healthy at all. You know how it is with all that chocolate lying around, all that left over pop in the fridge, all that bloody pie and other desserts left from Christmas and New Years.....Well I thought times had to change. I went to the store, bought a nice pork tenderloin, some carrots, onions, sweet brown rice, and was going to make a half decent dinner for one in a long while (I love to cook, and I am pretty good at it too!)

Anyhow....I cut up the carrots and onions, pan sear the tenderloin with the onions, some garlic, and some ginger, and I pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Oh it started to smell good...I put the rice on, and was even thinking about baking some home made biscuits....but decided not too....


Tenderloin goes into the oven at 400 for 45 minutes, and the rice cooks...all is going well, I take out the tenderloin, cut it into nice sized medallions, put a small amount of teryiaki sauce on it, put some rice on the plate, which turned out damn near perfect, and went for the carrots and onions....grabbed the frying pan....OW OW OW OW OW OW OW! I forgot it was in the oven for 45 mins at 400 degrees....my whole right hand is burnt to a lovely second degree.

Needless to say, I didnt eat, I soaked my hand for hours and hours on end. It is now starting to crack and peel. It is so much fun.

So how was your first few days of the year?

I did just buy a brand new LCD tv, so hopefully that eases my pain.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home